Back to Live @ Veishea
By Julia Ferrell
Electric Touch, a rock band based out of Texas, will be making its first appearance at Veishea during the Friday night Live @ Veishea concerts.
10 Things to Know about Electric Touch
1. The band consists of Shane Lawlor (lead vocals, guitar and piano), Louis Messina Jr. (drums), Christopher Leigh (lead guitar, vocals), Portland Musser (bass) and Isaac Strycker (keys and vocals).
2. The band has played with performers like The Bravery, The Airborne Toxic Event, Bon Jovi and Our Lady Peace.
3. The group has also performed at large festivals including Coachella, Bonnaroo, SXSW and Lollapalooza.
4. While the rest of the group is from the United States, lead singer Lawlor is British. He met up with Leigh and Messina in Texas.
5. Lawlor, Leigh and Messina first recorded a demo and signed with a Houston record label, Justice Records, then released their self-titled album in 2008.
6. The band’s single “Sounds from the Underground” debuted at No. 1 on FMQB’s Commercial Specialty SubModern Chart.
7. The band signed with Island Records in 2009 and recorded its second album.
8. Guitarist Leigh and drummer Messina are fraternal twin brothers.
9. Leigh and Messina are the sons of rock music promoter Louis Messina, founder of the Houston Pace Concerts.
10. The band kicked off 2012 by touring with Evanescence, the rock band known for its single “Bring Me to Life.”